Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 45 Friday

The designer came back with the plans for the kitchen yesterday, three options. They all look good. What doesn't is the "at least 35k".

I'm not crazy about the idea. I don't see the point of tearing up a decent though not enormous kitchen. Granted, it's not spacious and I've struggled with lack of counter top space. But with a pantry to store items in, this might not be an issue or as much of one.

I contacted the tile/granite company to ask about removing the slab of granite and moving it, and the woman said they did that in their showroom and it worked fine. The fabricator said it depends on how it's done and how it's anchored to the cabinets. So they will come out on Monday and look.

I feel strongly that we can and should salvage and use what we already have rather than tear the whole thing out.

Also some of the options like a double oven while "nice" might really not be that practical for us. I don't bake as much as I used to, and I have no fantasy of turning into a kitchen goddess.

We passed electrical inspection yesterday. Today was structural and the men were completing the siding on the upper level on the back and siding the front of the garage. The electricians were there this morning in preparation for the sheet rocking which we are apparently only a few days away.

If we tear out the kitchen, we're looking at an overall 3 to 4 week delay. Not something I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment